We’ve all heard the sound of a car engine starting, but have you ever noticed other unfamiliar noises coming from your vehicle? It’s important to pay attention to these weird sounds as they could be an indication that something is wrong with your vehicle. From screeching brakes to to review six strange sounds that might mean trouble for your vehicle – and what you can do about them.
Why You Should Investigate a Weird Car Noise ASAP
If your car is making strange sounds, it’s important to have it inspected as soon as possible. Although it might be tempting to ignore the issue or put off repairs, strange vehicular noises can indicate serious problems that will only worsen with time. Ignoring the issue can lead to more expensive repairs down the line. Taking your car to an auto repair shop for a diagnostic inspection will accurately identify the root of the problem and provide you with a solution. It’s always better to be proactive when it comes to car maintenance and repairs, especially when it comes to odd car noises.
What It Might Mean If Your Car is Making Strange Sounds
1. Squealing brakes: This is a sound that nobody wants to hear, but it’s common enough. Squealing car brakes are usually the result of worn-out brake pads and discs, meaning they need to be replaced soon. It’s important to take your car in for automotive service as soon as possible – if you wait too long, the wear and tear could cause even more damage.
2. Rattling underneath the hood: If this noise is accompanied by a burning smell, there’s most likely something wrong with your engine. Don’t ignore it – take your car into an auto repair shop immediately so they can diagnose the issue before any more serious harm occurs.
3. Humming or buzzing from under the car: This could be anything from a loose belt to an issue with your wheel bearings. It’s best to take it in for an inspection as soon as possible, as any longer and you may risk having to pay more for repairs than you would have if you had addressed the sound earlier.
4. Clunking when turning corners: If your car is making this sound, there’s likely something wrong with either your suspension or steering system. Take it to a licensed auto repair center right away so they can diagnose the problem and get it fixed up before it becomes too expensive or dangerous.
5. Hissing under the hood: A hissing noise usually means there’s some kind of leak in one of your car’s systems. This could be anything from a loose hose to an issue with your exhaust system, so it’s best to get this checked out as soon as you can.
6. Banging noises: One type of car noise that can be concerning is a banging sound. A banging noise typically indicates a problem within the car’s engine or transmission system, and it can be a serious issue that needs immediate attention. If you experience this type of noise, it’s important to take your vehicle to a reputable mechanic who can diagnose the problem and fix it to avoid further damage.
Get Your Vehicle Checked Out Pronto!
No matter what strange sound your car is making, make sure to take it to a certified car mechanic for servicing when needed. That way, you can keep your vehicle running smoothly and safely for years to come!
Are you looking for a trusted auto mechanic for car repair in the Indy area? Contact Northeast Auto Service at 317-475-1846 for professional, ASE-licensed car maintenance and automotive repair in Indianapolis, Indiana. Check out our auto shop coupons, too!